to contact miriam click here
Copyright @2016 Self-Elevation.com
The stewed spiced apricots is one of the many flavourful and healthy Ayurvedic desserts. It has no added sugar, 4 ingredients and it takes less than 15 minutes to cook.
The sweetness of the apricots combined with the aroma of the cinnamon and cardamon mix makes this dish extra special. It is best served warm to be gentle on the digestion.
1 scoop (30 grams) of cinnamon
1 tsp of cardamon powder or the seeds (as I used)
1 tbsp of coconut oil
2 cups of warm water
1. Take the seeds out of the apricots and prepare the 6 halves.
2. In a medium sized frying pan, heat the coconut oil and add the cinnamon and cardamon. Let them cook together for about 1-2 minutes then add the apricots.
3. When in the pan, turn the apricots face down so the flavour from the cooked spices gets absorbed. The turn them again and add 2 cups of warm water.
4. Let everything simmer together for about 5 minutes on low heat.
5. When they are ready, serve and enjoy :)